My birthday celebrations lasted for two days. They unofficially started on Saturday (the day before my actual birthday) with lunch and bowling.


The official plan was to meet other teachers at one of my favorite restaurants for dinner that night. When I arrived, I was surprised by so much more. Balloons, streamers, cake and more greeted me along with the cheerful love of so many new, great friends!



The planning committee. They were so secretive - even finding out my favorite colors for the balloons and streamers..I had NO idea!! It was soooo sweet and a blast!!

Me with the gals
Me with the guys

Chinese cake is very fluffy and, of course, has less sugar than American cake. It is more like angel food cake than typical birthday cake. And the icing is light and fluffy. Very good!! This one had white chocolate and dark chocolate shavings on top as well as fruit. It was beautiful and delicious!
The Actual Day

Sunday was my actual birthday day. Lucy and I went to Starbucks for lunch. Tuna panini and a green tea frappuccino..yum!!

After gathering with some international friends, Lucy and Andrew and I went across the river to Aloha for a very delicious Mexican birthday dinner. Sara met us later. It was a truly wonderful birthday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment