Sunday, July 13, 2008

The next great venture - China

In two short months, I am attempting to process all that I saw, experienced and learned about life in Nairobi, Kenya while visiting friends there for five months this year. It was an amazing time, and the people and country are extremely dear to me. However, my short-range future has China on the radar..so to China I go later this summer. I have accepted a teaching position at a university in Wuhan and plan to be there at least a year to teach English to agricultural studies students. I am delighted to have this opportunity. But I must say that a small portion of my heart and soul will always, it seems, be with Kenya.

Gearing up for my time in China, I have been heading to used book stores and the parent-teacher store as well as discount dollar stores to find good buys on teaching materials and books. I'm an avid reader these days and love figuring out which great novels and other books I plan to take along with me on the adventure - to become part of the adventure or to shape it.

1 comment:

Moses Okoth said...

hi there,
just read you mail and blog, its really cool considering that am part of the life in Nairobi you mentioned! well lost for words but my dear communication with you china in china is gonna be tricky.
tried to mail some lesson to you bout chinese simple languae on how to go about situation while there.
may the force be with you as i will be in spirit.